Tuesday 11 November 2008

Some freebies

Free samples can really help stretch the average budget, as long as you use them sensibly.

Obviously manufacturers and retailers offer free samples in the hope that you'll like the product sufficiently to then carry on paying for it. This can be a bit of a double-edged sword for the frugal, because if you really like the product but it's something you don't normally buy, then it can be tempting to start getting it regularly.

The freebies I like most tend to be "consumables" such as perfume, lip balm, laundry products, or food samples (healthy ones!)

I can only think of a few times when I've switched brands because of a freebie, the immediate one that comes to mind being my Wilkinson Sword razor. I have extremely sensitive skin AND I'm prone to ingrowing hair follicles, so having a decent razor is essential to me.

Anyway, here's a couple of free sample offers I've just sent for:
Moxie Sanitary Towels - click the "Cosmopolitan Mag Promo" link and enter COSMO1 as the code.
Free sample of Ghost's new perfume "Sweetheart" - I'm not convinced mine went through as it just returned to the same page...
Free sample of Coffee-Mate's Latte Creations - looks yummy, although perhaps a bit fattening!

Tips for freebies: use an email address that you don't mind getting spam through. I use the same one for prize draws.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the freebie links and for following my blog :)

Lucy Pointycat said...

Thanks - I've sent off for the latte one. I got the ghost one through the other day but in the meantime had aready tried it in the shop and discovered it wasn't for me. Do you want me to pop it in the post for you?

P.S. I'm always awed and amazed by your writing style, which in this instance is so slick and professional it gave me quite a turn to realise it was by my very own YOU! ;-)

Broke Bint said...

Is the perfume manly or fruity? If so, yes please. If it smells like girls, don't bother. ;-)

And thanks!

Lucy Pointycat said...

it smells like 13 year old girls who wear pink! (hence it not suiting me - I wear the ghost deep night one that comes in the shape of a black crescent moon ;-)

Broke Bint said...

Hahaha. You tragic goth!

Nah if it smells pink then give it to someone else ;-)