Friday 13 March 2009

Well, this isn't good.

Yesterday I ticked off No.1 on my to do list, which was to reinstall the network and modem on my desktop, then get the case back together.

I managed to do this (after about 10 attempts, because Ticali's install procedure is pants), and was feeling dead chuffed with myself.

This morning, however, I rebooted the machine and after about an hour got a BSOD (blue screen of death.) And then on restarting, I could not connect to the internet, nor even access the network management program.

So I need to decide what to do with it. At this precise moment, opening the french "mock balcony" doors in my bedroom and hurling it into the street is sounding good. If it happens to coincidentally smash through the windscreen of the stupid chav who keeps burning his pimped-out 4x4 up and down the road, then that will be a bonus.

No comments: