Tuesday 16 September 2008

Goals

Goals
I have three goals in my mind right now:
1. Short term: Buy new MP3 player. Creative ZEN 16GB MP3 Player is the one I'm lusting over. I'll need a case for it as well. My little Rio Carbon has served me well over the last 3 years, but it's getting to the point now where I just haven't got enough room for all my tracks on it. It's also really dated in terms of menu navigation and so on. I hope to buy this for myself for Xmas.
2. Medium term: Take my son* on holiday to Cyprus. This I want to do in April 2009, so I need to have this money saved by February 2009 at the latest.
3. Medium-to-long term: Pay off my credit card. Once this is down to zero, I will then be using it for regular monthly outgoings, and paying it off in full every month, as it's a cashback card. By Xmas 2009.

Ultimate long-term goal is to completely pay off my bank loan as well, so I'm fully debt-free. I need to work out how much that is. I think it's around £19k. Once I have done that I'll be in a much better position to have my son* living with me, which I am hoping to make happen in 2010.

We're in the process of moving house right now, so it's hard for me to work out what my monthly outgoings are.

*My step-son, i.e. my ex-husband's son. He lives with his dad, but I consider him my son since he was only 5 when I met his dad, and he saw me as his mum for the 6 years we were together. I am hoping to have him come live with me for his last year of school. His dad is cool with this plan. I wish I could have him sooner, but I have nobody who could look after him during school holidays. Childminders just don't want to know for kids of 13 :(

No comments: