Monday 12 January 2009

The Lurgey

I've been down for the last few days with a horrendous cold and cough. It's been so bad that I had to take last Thurs and Friday off work, which I hate doing, but there was just no way I could function. I spent about 20 hours out of 24 in bed from Thursday to Saturday.

Thankfully I was feeling a lot better yesterday, and am well enough today to return to work. But it does mean that I've fallen behind on my creative project, and with my comic listings.

On the plus side, I completed my tax return for last year, and should be due a rebate of over £600. I'll be diverting about £100 of that to pay for a new external hard drive which I need urgently - having run out of space on my other one! - but the remainder will be going in my ISA, I think, because I reckon next year's tax will leave me with a bill, as my self-employed earnings have gone up significantly for 2008-09.

No comments: