Thursday 4 December 2008

2009 goals and plans


I was inspired by a post over at paidtwice.com to make a list of 12 financial goals for next year. Here they are:
1. Achieve a payrise of at least 5%. I would like to aim for about 10%, but given the current economic climate, I need to be realistic. Achieving this goal will mean making sure I complete not only my assigned duties, but also add value to the team by volunteering for tasks, improving our processes, and taking every opportunity to increase my profile.
2. Reduce my Cashback loan by £5k. I will be aiming to over-achieve on this, strategy to be decided.
3. No unexpected late charges throughout the year. This year I missed a payment on my catalogue due to stupidly forgetting to advise them that I'd moved.
4. Fill up my ISA to the maximum annual limit (£3,600).
5. Find a different way of selling my comics (like, one that doesn't actually cost me money - thankyou eBay for raising your prices, you asses.)
6. Sort through my music collection and then sell the CDs through Amazon. Those that don't sell will be charity-shopped.
7. Sort through my books and list at least 50 on Amazon. If they don't sell, it's the charity shop for them too!
8. Add 5 new products to my online store.
9. Buy a USB turntable.
10. Buy a new digital camera (before holiday in Sept 09.)
11. Start putting my loose change in a tin, to be periodically totalled up and snowflaked off my debt.
12. ...Here is where I ran out of inspiration. Any ideas?
Image: sxc.hu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

6. might sound like a good idea but it's probably illegal?

Broke Bint said...

Ahhh... sorry... total clarity fail there. I didn't mean selling the ripped discs, that would be a total copyright violation, indeed! I meant, make myself a backup copy of the music I want to keep (especially since I don't even have a CD player anymore) and sell the originals.

Guess I'd best edit my wording!

Anonymous said...

Hehe I never thought about flogging the ripped discs - that's definitely illegal. But I believe copying the discs and then selling them is still illegal, as the "backups" you have on your PC are no longer backups if you don't have the original disc.

Anyhow, I don't want to sound "holier than thou" about it, just mentioned it as a warning.

Broke Bint said...

Ahh, I see your point. I'll have to check into that :)