Wednesday 3 December 2008

Major goal achieved!

Thanks to another unexpected windfall, I've just COMPLETELY paid off my Barclaycard!!

I had completely forgotten that I get a Xmas bonus from my online work, which I have just received. $800, thank you very much, which is £542 thanks to the strong dollar. So with my previous windfall PLUS my usual payoff, plus this, I have just cleared the card completely... and I cannot tell you how good it feels! Yeah!

This means I will be able to start paying chunks off my loan pretty much from this month (once the money has transferred from Paypal) which is well ahead of the new year goal I had set myself!

I'm even more pleased that my first impulse has been to snowball it onto the payment, and not to run out and buy something expensive... which is what I would have done this time last year!

2 comments:

Lucy Pointycat said...

Crikey - well done! I'm dead impressed :-)

Anonymous said...

Excellent. Well done and keep going...your debt free day is getting nearer and nearer :)