Tuesday 30 December 2008

Getting ready for a new year of debt reduction


It's my first day back at work after a fantastic and fairly frugal Christmas. I'm glad I've had 6 days off, as I'm straight back onto a double shift today and another tomorrow! I've driven 812 miles since last Tuesday, but managed to time my top-ups perfectly so as to use my Sainsbury vouchers for all four fill-ups, and my tank this morning should last me for a couple of weeks now. I got almost exactly 10 miles to the litre out of this round of travel, which us about 45mpg - a good result for my engine class.


Unfortunately both S and myself were poorly over Christmas, me with a stinking cough and cold and him with an upset tummy. So we didn't exactly do justice to the food and drink that I'd bought in. This has resulted in some food wastage, but I packed some stuff off with littl'un for him to share with his Dad, and I'm planning to send something to my sis and her husband as well.


S was very pleased with his pressies and I got some lovely books and a DVD and some bath stuff too. I'm so glad we did the £10 maximum spend thing for the adults.


I had a disturbing moment when I realised that my "little boy" now has armpit hair and hairy legs!! and by the next time he comes to stay (Easter) he'll probably be taller than me! Time is slipping through my fingers... it makes me more determined to pay this debt down and have him living with me full time!


So: I don't do New Year resolutions, but I have already posted my goals for 2009. I've already made a good start on the selling books front, and have started listing my comics, and have bought some resources to help me get some new products to store (both were on sale, so I took the opportunity.) I feel pretty confident that I can meet and exceed my 2009 goals as long as I remain focussed on the long-term benefit.


My non-financial goal for this year is to start a photo blog detailing a year's walks around Rother Valley Country park. The idea with this being to force me to get out at least once a week for a long walk (long for me. I'm fully aware that more seasoned walkers will think of it as a 2.5 mile stroll!) while having something interesting to show for my time. Plus it's FREE!


To help me stay on track this year, I'll be creating a monthly plan and posting a check at the end of the month on how I did with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

sorry you were poorly over Christmas, hope you are better now:)